- Petitions are for College of Liberal Arts and Sciences majors only.
- The petitioning process can take 4-8 weeks from date of submission during Fall or Spring semesters. Summer petitions may take longer.
- Incomplete petitions will be returned without review.
- The ASU General Catalog is the governing document for all policies and rules.
- If you have any questions about the petitioning process, contact the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Office of Student and Academic Programs at 480-965-6506
- Complete the petition form below based on your request and submit all required materials with your completed petition.
- This form is used for students who want to:
- Enroll in an ASU Course for a Third Time or More
- Return to a previous catalog year
- Substitution of University General Studies (Transfer Courses Only)
- Substitution of University General Studies (ASU Courses Only) and General Study Criteria Check sheets
- Substitution of the college Second Language or Mathematics Proficiency
- Substitution of the college Graduation Requirements