Travel authorization request must be submitted in My ASU Trip Access/Concur and approved by an Authorizing Travel Official (ATO) prior to booking travel, as noted in the New Travel Policy effective 07.01.2020. This request is necessary and important for insurance purposes even if you will not claim any expenses for reimbursement.
Registration can be paid with a pcard or personal funds. If requesting payment via pcard, please forward an invoice or a link to the registration with all of your registration information to Laurie Perko.
Travelers are responsible for the following:
- Obtain appropriate authorizations before travel begins or expenses have been incurred.
- Understand and comply with ASU Travel Policy.
- Arrange for travel and obtain any required passports, visas, immunizations, and additional international medical insurance.
- Review the requirements for travel to at-risk destinations, if applicable.
- Submit and certify an accurate and complete expense report with receipts and proofs of payment within 30 days of the trip end date. ASU Travel may issue payroll deductions for any expenses on travel cards not cleared on any expense reports that are past 120 days.
- Inform the Travel Service Center if a trip is canceled and promptly return any travel advance and/or allocate ASU Travel Card expenses associated with the trip.
The ASU Travel website contains information about ASU’s travel policy, traveling to international destinations, guides for using My ASU Trip, and links to daily allowances loaded into My ASU Trip. Please bookmark this link as ASU policies are updated periodically.
ASU no longer issues advances on travel.
To purchase airfare, the easiest and most convenient method is to book your airfare through My ASU Trip/Concur with Anthony Travel using the university-wide ghost card. Other options for airfare - the ASU travel card, the P-Card or personal funds.
Registration can be paid with a pcard or personal funds. If requesting payment via pcard, please forward an invoice or a link to the registration with all of your registration information to Laura Simms.
All other travel expenses can only be paid with personal funds or an ASU Travel card and then reimbursed via the My ASU Trip/Concur Travel system.
Please create your trip in My ASU Trip/Concur as soon as you register for your conference and book your flight.
All travel is done electronically through ASU's Travel page - My ASU Trip. Please select Laurie Perko as the Account Approver on all travel requests and expense reports.
If you have questions, please contact Laurie Perko for assistance.