Undergraduate Research Opportunities
Our mission is to provide an interactive research environment for undergraduate students in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Working with a faculty researcher in the college, students will have opportunities to explore new areas, engage in novel research and contribute to an academic field.
Benefits for participating in research are numerous. Students will get to know faculty outside of the classroom, gain new knowledge, participate in cutting edge projects, develop skills that prepare them for their future careers and gain valuable experience that can be reflected on graduate school applications and resumes.
Each semester, there are several scholarships awarded to undergraduate majors in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Additionally, the following research opportunities are for undergraduate students in the college:
- Arizona Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- Computational Science Training for Undergraduates in the Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Department of Psychology
- Film and Media Studies
- Hugh Downs School of Human Communication
- School of Social Transformation
- School of Life Sciences Undergraduate Research – SOLUR
- School of Mathematical & Statistical Sciences
- School of Social and Family Dynamics
- Sun Angel Awards
- School of Transborder Studies